This is a photo of all of us on stage at GYC. Photo credit by Alden Ho.
The students even made up a performance of their own. My kids never cease to amaze me in coming up with creative ways to entertain themselves when they are bored. I thought I would include a little clip of what they do when they need something to do. This year, yodeling has become a fun past time at school and one of our students has gotten quite a number of the guys to join along. Saturday night after the last GYC meeting, I walked into a room to find my students giving a yodeling concert. We were all laughing so hard since it was so amusing. There was a huge Christmas gathering in a park directly across from the convention center and there were a lot of passersby in the downtown area. One of our students suggested that they go out onto the street and see if they could get people to stop by and listen to them. They even decided to open the accordion case and see if people would throw money into the case. They actually did have people stop by and several stayed for quite a while. They even got a few donations for their cause. As you will notice in the clip, they had no qualms about asking for donations! To say the least, I thought it was a clever way to pass the time!Now I am finally back at home and am enjoying a wonderful time with my family. It feels really good to just sit around! But in reality, I brought a lot of work with me and eventually I will get some stuff done. But in the meantime, I am enjoying just spending time with the best family ever!!
In the beauty of this season, I hope you will remember what matters most--family, friends, and most importantly a Savior who loved us enough to give us a reason for the season. May you appreciate His sacrificial gift all the more this Christmas.

8 comments:
The yodeling is hilarious. Alas, I think I shan't be able to practice at home given the neighbors, though perhaps the malamute below might provide sufficient cover that my practice sessions would go unnoticed. Happy New Year!
Wow - Kudos to the teacher of these talented young people. :) Very cool!
Brostrom and Simon crack me up! Some things never change I guess LOL! That must have been fun. Too bad I didn't walk past at that moment, that would have been fun to see!
Paeter! LOL! I think you should try it just for amusement sake!! My family says you go to Lansing, but I didn't see you today. Hope you have a great year!
Micheal, I can't take credit for much of the singing stuff. Our choir director does a great job there!
Jason, too bad you didn't walk by then! you would have had a great laugh!!
Dear Sister and brother in Jesus Christ.
i am sonu kumar serving of God in india with JFA minstry so please pray for north india and see (silas-sonu.blogspot.com)
sonu
Woot, another blog to read! I had no idea you had a blog - what rock have I been living under...
I love blogs - I think they're the greatest thing since Silver Hills bread. You need to update yours though - no posts since last year...
This is soooo funny! Who came up with this? Becky was laughing so hard that she started crying!!!!!
Post a Comment