As I walked out of the café earlier this week, these four students met me in the doorway with their assignment. And I must say I have never had an assignment presented to me in that fashion. I laughed so hard! Here is how it came…


Yes, on a silver platter with rose petals. They insisted they wanted to put chocolate on the platter as well but couldn’t find any. They wanted to make sure that I would still forgive them for turning it in late and hoped that their elaborate presentation of the late document would help soften my heart! Of course it worked (although I never intended on penalizing them since I gave them an extension anyway). But still, I thought it was the most clever way to present a late paper. Most of the students in the café were so confused about what was happening… except for a fellow teacher. He picked up on it right away, and mentioned to one of my students, “I gather that was a late assignment?”
So for future reference, if you ever want a late paper forgiven, just submit it on a silver platter with rose petals!
______________
Oh, btw...did you know that a 2000 Nissan Altima can hold 18 people? Well, tonight I hauled 18 girls at once from the cafe to the dorm... Don't ask how we did it! But we all made it in once piece safe and sound!

8 comments:
That's too cute!! How could you punish that? It's like you getting in trouble--but you kiss me and tell me you love me--just melted my heart.
Took Staci to the doctor. She has strip throat. She's really hurting!!! She was up several times in the night with pain. Remember her in prayer. Love, MOM
I must say, I am impressed with the caliber of your students! The flare!
Mistake--bad for a teacher. She has strep throat. She's not making much sounds.
I think that's hilarious. What a cute idea. It would have been fun to come up with that (if I'd thought of it) back then. However, I didn't have late papers very frequently.
That's great Autumn. I would love you asmy teacher any day but I'm happier that you are my friend. I love the car thing... I did that once with my campers on some back sandy roads at camp AuSable... unforgettable. Does your car ride a little lower now? have a happy week!
18 in your car? What the...wow. Hey, you haven't e-mailed yet, what up with that?
Yup when I saw the picture of the group I wasn't surprised. Some very creative FVA students there. I miss those days when we did fun stuff like that(probably never that creative though). Oh and 18 people in the car, that might be the record. It keeps getting better as the years roll on.
Post a Comment