Monday, May 5, 2008

This weekend...

This weekend, the school went on a camping trip to Seaton Lake. I wasn't able to go for the whole time since I was swamped with lesson planning, but I was able to join them on Sabbath. It was the first time I have been to this lake, but it is amazing! I have never seen a fresh water lake with water that is that color. It is like a light emerald green/aqua color. Pictures don't even do it justice. The camp is about a 20 minute ride from the dock by speed boat and about 1 1/2 hours on the pontoon boat. It it such a beautiful place! Here are just two pictures.

I also this weekend found a pleasant surprise on my desk. I have been complaining in class that my markers are always going dry. My students delighted me with a new set--and neon colors too!


And I just had to also show some of the other things that have graced my office for the past two weeks. Every Friday, two senior students always stop by my office and chat for about an hour before they go up to the dorm. I had a package of balloons sitting on my desk that I was using for a chemistry project. They decided to blow them up and place them all around my office. Every time they came back in, they would add a few more balloons or write and draw on them. One of the guys decided it would be fun to write "Happy Birthday" on them. For two whole weeks, people kept trying to wish me a happy birthday. I always had to tell them thanks but it was really just a severe case of boredom from one of my students... So here is the result... but you don't have to wish me a happy birthday. I've already had enough of them this year!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Autumn,
God truly knew what He was doing when He lead you into teaching. I remember your students from student teaching coming to your graduation party. That was unheard of. It seems these students love you just as much. They have good taste!!! Love, MOM

Paeter said...

Wow, those camping pics are very nice-would be a wonderful place to put a cabin. The river running out of Lake Lucerne in Switzerland looked similar (twas a long time ago), a very intense green/emerald. Great pictures all around.

P.S. You might want to remove the post by akinogal as it seems to be spam.

Autumn said...

Mom! thanks for your vote! I think I learned the tricks of the trade from you! :)

Paeter, I am always getting spam comments. I never got them while I had the word verification required for comments so I guess I am going to have to go back to that. Oh, well.

Paeter said...

Hmmm...maybe I don't blog enough. That was the first spam I have ever seen on a blog.

Joelle said...

Well, happy birthday! J/k. What fun. I sometimes walk around at the end of the day at work, saying "good morning".
Autumn, you would be such a fun teacher! You're already fun to be around. You must be a favorite teacher to many! :-)

Melanie said...

This earth doesn't get much more beautiful than the picture of that lake or river. wow! when do you come home?

Staci said...

You changed your layout, didn't you? It looks like Autumn colors. :) Can't wait to see you ... starting to count the days!

Autumn said...

Joelle, thanks for the birthday greetings! haha! Well, I at least hope I am a fun teacher. I have fun anyway!

Melanie, you will just have to come visit me so you can see the lakes in person. It is only about a 30 minute drive from my house. I am coming back on June 24!

Staci! I can't wait to come home! I think I have been wishing for it for about 2 months now! Will be so good to see you! Love you bunches!