"årstiden efter sommar" (in other words: the season that follows summer, i.e. autumn)
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
The blessing of friends...
I feel truly blessed to have such great friends here at school that I can hang out with, chat with, spend time with, and do photo shoots with. Today all the single staff got together so we could take pictures for the yearbook. We tried all kinds of crazy shots in crazy places... So here is a smattering of the whole bunch.
Melanie! ya, how did I get to be on the top?? I felt sorry for those below me! Anyway, to answer your last post question, I am a little far from Banff--about 8 hours. I so want to go there though. You should come see me some time and we can make the trek there! Other than that, we are about 5 hours from Puget Sound (in Washington), 4 hours from Vancouver Island, 1 1/2 from Whistler, and yes about 20+ hours from Alaska (I know, a little far, but hey, one of these days!). So yes, you should of course come see me!! I would love that!
I am a highschool chemistry, Bible, and math teacher. I've taught at Broadview Academy in Chicago, Ill. and at Fountainview Academy in British Columbia, Canada. For almost as long as I can remember, I have enjoyed children and young people. However, my interest in becoming a teacher was a rather slow revelation. I became a youth camp counselor at fourteen and worked with young people over the next seven or eight years. I taught early teen/ youth Sabbath school programs at church and tutored math/science at a boarding school my parents worked at. But I didn't choose teaching as a career until I finished my associates degree in Graphic Design. Then I realized that God was calling me into a lifelong ministry with young people. In addition to my passion for teaching, I love witnessing for Christ. After college, I devoted a year and a half to Bible work. It was an absolutely incredible experience. So now, along with my teaching career, I have plans to be actively involved in outreach/evangelism. My goal now is to intermingle teaching/evangelism together to reach out to young people, inspire them in their own walk with Christ, and then equip them and train them to reach out to others.
3 comments:
The littliest girl goes on top.... let's see... Autumn!! Those are great pictures and I really want to visit beautiful B.C. Have a great Sabbath!
Melanie! ya, how did I get to be on the top?? I felt sorry for those below me! Anyway, to answer your last post question, I am a little far from Banff--about 8 hours. I so want to go there though. You should come see me some time and we can make the trek there! Other than that, we are about 5 hours from Puget Sound (in Washington), 4 hours from Vancouver Island, 1 1/2 from Whistler, and yes about 20+ hours from Alaska (I know, a little far, but hey, one of these days!). So yes, you should of course come see me!! I would love that!
Autumn!! hey! we all miss you and really enjoy reading yours and Staci's blogs. Love from me and the whole family :) ~Sara
Post a Comment