And then Sabbath night another one happened... One of my junior students went diving into the pond here on campus. It is quite deep and has been dove into before, but this time something went wrong and he hit his head on the bottom of the pond. (I am not sure if the pond is lower than normal or if he just dove into a more shallow part). Anyway, he fractured his neck in three places, traumatized his back, and inquired his wrist as well. The doctors are struggling to find where the numbness and pain is occurring in his arms. They can't trace it yet to the fractures in his neck and are trying to decide if it is nerve damage elsewhere in his body. Tomorrow he goes in for a MRI to see what trauma has occurred to his spinal cord.
Even in spite of it all, God has been good. They thought they were going to have to take him into surgery Sunday to repair the fractures in his neck, but decided that was not necessary. They thought he had severe back inquiry due to the pain he was experiencing, but realized it was a result of being strapped to the backboard for so long. Thankfully today he was able to get a little relief from the pain due to the high pain killers he is on.
Right now, it looks like he will be in the hospital for most of week. Then after that, none of us are sure what will happen. He will have to wear a neck brace for at least six weeks to allow the neck to heal properly. We are just praying that the recovery will not take too long.
Anyway, please keep Trevor in your prayers that he will have a complete recovery. As a teacher, it is difficult to see one of your students go through something like this and Trevor is one of the students here that is closest to me so it makes it really tough. I just thank God that he was not killed or completely paralyzed.
I am seeing more and more how real the great controversy between Christ and Satan really is. I believe the devil knows his time is short and he is doing his best to attack God's children and cause them suffering, pain, and heartache. But whatever he tries to do, let's not let him win! In the end, Christ will be victorious!

4 comments:
I remember meeting Trevor at GYC -- a really nice young man. I'll be praying for him and his family. Keep me updated on his progress.
I passed him name on to Nancy's class. They will pray for him. I will also send it to Chad. Dad and I are praying for him. Was he the young man on the plane? Love you, MOM
Thank you family for praying for him. I just talked to him on the phone. They still don't know the results from the MRI he had this afternoon. So they just have to wait and see.
And yes, he is the one who was on the plane with us...
Anyway, just keep praying for him.
Sorry for hearing about all your attacks from the devil, which has also effected all the people around you. I thought i was being attacked badly at the moment, but it is nothing compared to what you are going through. I feel that God has given you alot of strength to get through these hard times. I pray for my family, friends and all Gods children every day, so will have you and Trevor in my prayers also tonight. Ask god for all the tools you will need to survive in these last day's, which should cover everything really. Also look up a man called Ronald Weinland who is giving away 2 excellent free books and is part of the true church of God. His teachings are amazing and in my opinion are the closest you will get to the bible truth. He is preparing us for the end of days and has predicted something big is going to happen in April this year. my email address is sophieazzouzi@yahoo.co.uk if you would like to get in touch and chat for support. May God bless you and be with you always.
From Sophie
Post a Comment