- My grandfather ran into a friend at the grocery store last week. This individual asked how my grandmother was. My grandfather replied that he didn't know because he hadn't spoken to her in three weeks. His friend asked very seriously if they were having marriage problems. My grandfather replied nonchalantly, "No, I just didn't want to interrupt." (To which my grandmother replied later, "He is always picking on me!"
My grandfather was proudly showing me his Oklahoma University hat that he got a while back (he is a fan of OU). Then he showed me a second OU hat made for a lady. I asked him if that was for Grammy to wear. He replied, "Of course not! It is for me to wear when I feel like being a girl." (Right! I think not!)
- My grandfather recounts a time when he was about to give a waitress a 50 dollar bill and asks her if she knows whose face is on the bill. She doesn't know so he offers her a hint: "Who is buried in Grant's tomb?" She answers, "Lincoln?" (I hope he somehow covered that with grace!)
- One night, my grandfather randomly flings his dirty socks onto the floor. A few minutes later, my grandmother goes around trying to pick them up and chides him for doing it. Later, she asks him where he put his dress shirt that he had just taken off. He replies, "I threw it on the bathroom floor!" He was kidding of course, but my grandmother was ready to get after him big time!
Overall, my Christmas break was wonderful! I spend five days in Michigan, then I flew to Minnesota for GYC, then flew to Arizona for Christmas and New Years. Went to the Grand Canyon with my family while there. It was all fun! I will have to post some pictures later, or better yet, you can just go to my sister's blog at http://resurrectiongirl.blogspot.com. She's given the full scoop there.
As this new year begins, we find ourselves one year closer to Christ's soon return. I pray that this year will find us preparing more than ever for that great event!

4 comments:
You are so right! Papa puts me into stitches. I love his very dry sense of humor. Wish I could be around him more to experience it!
this camp in Michigan is a cool place. Hey for funny Grandpas.
So you want a new post... Well you are going to get one... and I don't know what else (this is suppose to sound like a threat) :)
Your grandpa is hilarious! I remember meeting him at Staci's graduation. (Or was it your grad? They're starting to all blur together.)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I HOPE YOU EAT CAKE... OR SOMETHING. Had a super time with your family this past Sabbath.
Post a Comment