Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada...

I do have much to be thankful for...so I am not complaining, but it really does feel terrible to have to work on Thanksgiving! This Canadian tradition of celebrating Thanksgiving in October just doesn't cut it for me. I am too American...Thanksgiving just isn't Thanksgiving unless it is celebrated the end of November. But since I moved up to Canada, I did it to myself. So now I sit in my office and know that I will have to miss Thanksgiving with my family and friends back in the states. I feel just a bit sad....

But I do have much to be thankful for...life, health, family, friends, a job, a home, a dog, and most of all, a loving Saviour. So even though I can't celebrate Thanksgiving with my family, I will celebrate it in my heart because I have much to be thankful for...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Autumn, My sympathies for laboring on this very important holiday of feasting. I hope someone somewhere made you some mashed potatoes, or at least bought you a nice can of cranberry sauce for the opening and spectacular shlooooping out with the ribbed marks of the can still on the sauce. Mmmmboy!

Well, I ate enough pie yesterday for you, my unborn child, and myself to go around. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for the reminder of the eternal thanks we should have for our Savior and His precious promises!

Staci said...

It wasn't the same without you. But it was so good to talk to you on the phone. At least we will spend Christmas together! Only few more weeks till you come home!!!! :)

Paeter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You were so missed!!!!There are few holidays that we have been apart. I cherish everyone we have together. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. MOM

Paeter said...

Well Happy belated American Thanksgiving. :P I must admit, I am slightly jealous - your storm story is got me excited. I love storms, especially thunderstorms! Going through a storm in a little plane is fun too!

You know, in regards to your previous post, the apostle Paul did alot in the name of religion as well. Christians need to be careful to distinguish between the sin and the sinner. As hard as it may seem, filling a need that others have, even those that hate enough to kill innocent people, heaps coals of fire on them. Only God knows the impact such a "little" act can have.

Joelle said...

awww. sorry you had to work on Thanksgiving! That's no fun. I hope you had a nice time anyway.

Unknown said...

reply!

Melanie said...

Hi Autumn. Thanksgiving has come and gone and GYC and now right around the corner.... :) It will be great to see you! Have a really blessed week:)

Anonymous said...

Ah Canadian Thanksgiving and American Thanksgiving in Canada. I remember those days. Now it's reversed. For the first time since eighth grade I celebrated Thanksgiving in the US with no school, while you are enjoying the opposite. Well, at least you got to have the good dinner(right?).