Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Joining the club!

Hear ye, hear ye, everyone. I have the most amazing, incredible, hard to believe news to tell you! I have actually created a blogspot. No kidding!! After all these months and years of reading and enjoying all my friends' online sites, I have finally decided to join the club and allow my voice to be heard along with the others. You're probably thinking...miracle of miracles, why didn't she do it sooner!

Now the next miracle will be whether I actually post any blogs here! Yes, I know, it shouldn't take too much time to occasionally say hi and write a short something about what is happening in my life. But for those of you who know me well know that I am one horrible communicator! And for those of you who don't know me that well, my lack of communication is probably the very reason why you don't know me very well!

Ok, before I sound like a bad person, I must say something in my defense. Maybe it is just that my modes of communication are very limited. Let me review the list with you...

Snail mail, who ever heard of that?...
Email, what is that again?...
Telephone calls, few cell minutes available...
Text messaging, get charged for everyone...
Posting blogs, now that's a novel idea! Maybe I should try that!

So here it goes... my new mode of communication. Only time will tell if it is any more effective than my other modes. Just one word of caution: Don't hold your breath while this experiment is in progress! It may be hazardous to your health!

Well, I really should end this post here. I have business that I really should attend to (like always!!). So perhaps in my NEXT post, I will give you the long awaited update on what has been happening in my life! Until then, take care and God bless!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! You have created a blog site. I can't believe it! Now I can read yours, and hopefully you are still reading mine. This should be fun! Maybe we will hear your daily news more often now. Maybe ...Bye for now -- Your Sis

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you caved! Now I may have to sell out, too. My live friends are all morphing into "cyber friends"...creepy!

Anonymous said...

Höst
"årstiden efter sommar" (in other words: the season that follows summer, i.e. autumn)

What is this all about?? Are you learning Swedish?

Great to hear from you and know that you are still alive.

Your Swedish friend.

Unknown said...

Good for you, Autumn! Check out my blog sometime, if you haven't lately. Look forward to your blog updates.... —Michael

Autumn said...

Hey Claus! Great to hear from you! As far as that foreign language on my header...That just about concludes my level of Swedish linguistics...I think I am a lost cause for learning another language! I can hardly get English down, let alone learn Swedish! But after spending the last couple of months with your Swedish cohorts here in the States, I guess I can't help but let a little of it rub off. I have to give Roy and Daniel the credit for coming up with that! Oh, btw, Daniel said you are coming to GYC. Can't wait to see you there!

thooumak said...

hi Autumn.How are you?

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Autumn's got a blogsite! Now all you need, sweetie, is a myspace and a xanga site, and you'll be all set to communicate with the cyberworld. (You can take care of that in your free time, though--you don't have anything else going on in your life, do you?) The part that intrigues me is the tag that says you live in Chicago, IL. You wouldn't, by any chance, happen to be in town from Dec. 27 - Jan. 3 would you? My mom and I are breezing through, and if you're available to do lunch sometime, let me know!! Love ya--Angela V.

Anonymous said...

Hey Autumn! Great to hear from you. You're learning Swedish...
Do you still remember German and Latvian words? - Was a great time in Battle Creek in the Summer of 2001. Have a great time! God bless, Benjamin.

Autumn said...

Wow! I do have some long lost friends out there! So good to hear from you! Here is a little personal note!

Tudor! Good to hear from you! All during this year's ARISE class, I remembered all the many hours we went out! By the way, I have some great news that should be coming soon. I will keep you posted!

Angela! Xanga and myspace too? Ya, right! One will keep me plenty busy! Oh, I will be in Chicago on Jan 2. I would love to get together! I'll keep you posted!

Benjamin! So good to hear from you! You should know from my trying to learn German that it is hopeless for me to learn Swedish! However, I do remember from our German lessons that little black animal with the long furry tail called an "eichhörnchen". The only problem is that for the life of me, I still can't pronounce it! Sigh, I am a lost cause! I think I need to take German lessons again!

Anonymous said...

Dear Autumn!

Hope everything is well! I'll try to check your blog every forthnight or so...! Take care and may God bless you abundantly!

Christoffer

P.S. BTW, I think you should change the title once in while and use "høst" - the Norwegian word for "autumn" - just to remember your friends here as well! D.S.

Autumn said...

Christoffer,
How pleasant to hear from you!! I miss you and wish I could jet to Norway to see you guys! Well, maybe one of these days I just might do that.

Great suggestion! Maybe from time to time, I will change my heading. With so many friends all across the world, I could have fun changing my name to all those different languages. And then I could fondly remember all of you!

I will have to write you a personal email later to catch up on what is happening with you! God bless!

Anonymous said...

Autumn! I can't believe it. You still remenber "Eichhörnchen"! But you should know I still can't pronounce "squirrel" either. And since there were thousands of them in Battle Creek I had a lot exercise. And shame upon me: I had to look up in a dictionary to know how to write that lovely creature.
Be blessed!
Benjamin.

Joelle said...

Yaaay! You finally did it!
Welcome to the blogging world... enjoy your stay. :-) And hopefully we'll hear more from you now that you're in.
Miss you! See you at GYC!